We have raised $1,000 (and are committed to raise $1,000 more) to meet the immediate needs of a community in Nepal who are dying for lack of food and medicine. | Summer, 2021 – Nepal
Himalayan Entrepreneur Resources (HER) is an empowerment initiative in Nepal that gives health, safety, and autonomy to marginalized women, so they can live free from sexual exploitation and abuse. HER was founded by our dear sister, Devisara Hannah Badi, in response to a caste system that’s created enormous economic disparities, human trafficking, and a culture that shuns women to the point that they can’t take care of themselves.
Due to the Coronavirus, our organization has not been able to help my community (called the Badi” people) because of the strict lockdown regulations. Until we can continue with our other initiatives, at this time, we are trying to meet their immediate and urgent needs for food and medicine with funds donated by our close friends.
The most painful truth is that many women have felt they have no choice but to sell their bodies for money, so they can to feed themselves and their children during this pandemic. -Devisara Hannah Badi, founder & director
WHY this MATTERS to Hannah…
Devisara Hannah Badi is passionate in her work to empower her sisters, family, and community – the Badi woman of Nepal. Many are survivors of sex trafficking. Hannah has been a voice for many women who have been forced into prostitution in Nepal and India. She wants to be a light in her community and save as many girls as she can can from trafficking.
“Many of my loved ones have been impacted by human trafficking. If there is no one to stand with them, they are vulnerable to become victims of this darkness yet again. I want to be a voice for them, to stand up for my community, my friends, my relatives, my sisters against the caste system which is still practiced in my village. I am also a Badi girl and I was fortunate to be saved from the darkness of trafficking – but this is not the case for many of my Badi sisters. -Devisara Hannah Badi, founder & director
- We are seeking to raise an additional $1,000, for a total of $2,000 in June and July, 2021.
- All donations made to this fundraiser will be used for this critical time to provide food and medicine.
- If you would prefer to write a check, kindly make your check payable to “Venture” and mail it to: Seeds of Exchange, 4326 Montview Blvd., Denver, Colorado – 80207.
- 100% of the funds raised through this campaign have been/will be disbursed directly to fund this project. Venture, the fiscal sponsor of HER, is a US 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit. Donations are tax-deductible for US donors.
Get creative … a few ideas …
- COLLABORATE! …FORM A TEAM on GoFundMe and help us raise funds for a special occasion or celebration … or just because you want to! (Contact Sarah Davison-Tracy for information or to help you set your team up.)
- ASK FOR A DONATION to be made as a gift for your next birthday … GIVE a gift in honor of someone you love for an upcoming holiday or celebration.
BE an EVERYDAY PHILANTHROPIST …
As part of our call to all to be an everyday philanthropist, we regularly spotlight a project or program in the world. Our partner’s focus is in at least one of these five categories: human rights, education, health, community emergencies, and art-activism. We are blessed with a huge pool of changemakers in our community – so there is never a lack of trusted organizations with whom to partner.
This sort of “everyday philanthropy” is about an unrestrained generosity rooted in the reality of your everyday life. Generosity feels good. It is part of your purpose on the planet. It finds ways to share with others the treasure trove of whatever you have and whatever you love. It makes a difference with your small and large acts alike … living with a commitment and connection to your sisters and brothers near and far. Explore and discover your unique – right here and now – calling to be an everyday philanthropist today.
I get it: These stories and the very invitation to give and to BE philanthropists isn’t always comfortable. Or easy. Sometimes it’s the world’s pain pricking our hearts that wakes us up to see – and say yes! – to our destiny.
So, today and together, let’s dispute the suggestion that philanthropy is an exclusive club only for those deemed wealthy. Today and together, let’s dispute that the only thing that matters and makes a difference is giving in “big” ways. The movement that will be unleashed when we live as generously unrestrained philanthropists WILL light up the world.
You are loved.
We belong to each other.
Let’s standTALL together and light up the world!
xo, -Sarah Davison-Tracy, Seeds of Exchange