Be INSPIRED, INFORMED, and IGNITED (=discovering a bit more of what matters to YOU) during the Seeds Storyteller Series with Lynn Townsend, founder of the Sisterhood Photo Project. Join us for this ONLINE EXPERIENCE that can be accessed from anywhere in the world as we talk with Lynn about her life of art-activism, bridging cultures, and the journey of living a difference-making life.
This FREE online experience is curated and facilitated by me, Sarah Davison-Tracy – author, speaker, and founder of Seeds of Exchange, a community committed to making a difference locally and globally, together, through community, storytelling, and giving.
Why This Matters to Me …
Because I believe that for those of us who are looking for ways to meaningfully incorporate people and causes that matter to us into our everyday lives of work, family, and friendship, will find our next steps of inspired ACTion in Lynn’s story. You will soon see: That’s exactly what my extraordinary soul sistah, Lynn Townsend, has done. She has powerFULLY and beautyFULLY woven what and who matters so very much to her (refugees and immigrants) into her work (photographer and storyteller) and created a difference-making endeavor: Sisterhood Photo Project.
On November 21, at noon Denver / Mountain Time, this online-live experience can be accessed 2 ways:
- Via Facebook Live at Seeds of Exchange. Just head to our facebook page at noon Denver time (adjust for your time zone), or
- Register here to join via your computer OR phone and I will email you a call-in link (to watch the live video) and phone number (to call in and listen to the live) … and will email you a reminder (always handy, aye?).
I’ll also post the replay here…but live is better!
What is the Sisterhood Photo Project? …
The Sisterhood Photo Project is a way to bridge cultures, bring together the support and sisterhood of women, and celebrate the feminine spirit. For each client who purchases an Authentic Portrait Session for Women, Lynn donates another to a refugee or immigrant sister.
I care deeply about connection, learning to love ourselves, and lifting each other up so that each one of us can feel whole and radiant. My heart is constantly drawn to refugee sisters and brothers who have survived immense tragedy. With respect and empathy, my desire is to listen deeply to their stories, offer support on their healing journey, and celebrate the inner light that continues to shine within them. As a professional photographer of 15 years, I have found that my calling and my gift is to help stoke and reflect the light that shines in each one of us. -Lynn Townsend, founder of Sisterhood Photo Project
5 Steps of Inspired ACTion …
- COLORADO PEEPS: Authentic Portrait Sessions for Women are normally $250, but if booked by December 1, they will be just $150 – a $100 savings. This investment covers the creative fee, includes a $50 credit to use towards prints, albums or digital images, and donates a photo shoot to a refugee or immigrant sister. The purchased session can be for you, or it can be given as a gift for someone you love – your mother, grandmother, sister, dear friend… Clients use these sessions in so many ways… to celebrate milestone birthdays, to create imagery for an online presence in business, after times of transition, or just because this moment in life needs to be remembered and celebrated exactly as it is.
- CONNECT WITH, follow, and friend our team: www.davidlynnphoto.com | Facebook & Insta: @SisterhoodPhotoProject and www.seedsofexchange.org | Facebook & Insta: @SeedsOfExchange
- SHARE! Send this link to 5 PEOPLE passionate about art-activism, bridging cultures, photography, global stories, or difference-making. Let’s see how we can EXPAND this organization’s community connections!
- WATCH (and subscribe to our channels) the replays of our Seeds Storyteller Series with more stories to inspire, inform, and ignite. Head to the Seeds of Exchange event page for a list of upcoming dates and times or check out our playlist of replays (and subscribe) on YouTube.
- RESOURCES TO INSPIRE from Lynn: The “On Being” podcast by Krista Tippett. “It continues to change my life!!” – Lynn | And a piece by by Clarissa Pinkola Estes entitled, “You Were Made for This“
I have a hunch you will BE INSPIRED by her story … BE IGNITED by tangible ideas of what you might do in your own difference-making at work … BE CONNECTED with us more in the days to come.
The Seeds Storyteller Series connects you with EVERYday changemakers from around the world: activists, visionaries, artists, philanthropists, entrepreneurs, educators … (the list is long and the ways to make change are vast!). Whether you’re interested in being INFORMED about global happenings from amazing changemaking friends of mine, looking for some INSPIRATION in your life today, or eager to be IGNITED more in your unique ways to make a difference, join us for this conversation from anywhere in the world!